Title: Senior Network Engineer - Contract - Reference No: EP6045
Type: Contract - Salary/Rate: €Neg - Location: Dublin city centre
Enterprise People are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer for a 6 Month contract based in Dublin city centre.
Apply now >>
Reporting to the Network Manager, the Senior Network Engineer will join our client’s multi-project team who are responsible for the drive and implementation of complex network solutions in a fast-paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a highly skilled team of Engineer’s who are responsible for the end-to-end ownership of all technology that underpins our client’s nationwide network infrastructure.
The Senior Network Engineer will:
• Provide network services, ensuring availability of network infrastructure to agreed service levels, in-line with business requirements
• Proactively manage network infrastructure/technologies, ensuring maximum availability and minimum downtime
• Provide 2nd and 3rd tier support for networking technologies, assisting with the troubleshooting of incidents within the network core and production environments
• Carry out network patching/upgrading
• Ensure existing network infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, wireless, load balancers, VPNs etc.) is maintained and enhanced
• Lead the network team in the development of specific technological projects
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• 6+ Years Networking experience
• Strong Networking Protocols knowledge (IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11)
• Good knowledge of firewall technologies: Cisco ASA or Checkpoint
• Strong understanding of hybrid, private, public cloud platforms
• Knowledge of emerging network/technological developments and a desire to learn new skills & technologies
• Cisco Certification
• Knowledge of ITIL practices (Certification a distinct advantage)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please call Patrick Docherty at Enterprise People for more information.
Not an exact match for this role….
We are IT Recruitment Specialists with a number of live Contract and Permanent vacancies available. Please call Patrick Docherty at Enterprise People to discuss all suitable roles available.
Please call us on +353 (0) 1 628 7800 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss these and other vacancies in more detail.