Title: Senior IT Systems Administrator - Reference No: EP6081
Type: Contract - Salary/Rate: €Neg - Location: Dublin
Enterprise People are currently seeking a Senior IT Systems Administrator for a 6 Month contract based in Dublin.
Apply now >>
The Senior IT Systems Administrator will join our clients Service Delivery Group who are responsible for the management and support of enterprise-level infrastructure and key systems, including;
• Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP for multiple Windows domains
• VMware clusters containing 800+ VMs
• Windows Server Operating Systems (2003-2019)
• Monitoring solutions such as SCOM and HPSIM
• SAN storage (3PAR)
• Daily management and monitoring of the current infrastructure
• Provide tier 2/3 support and troubleshoot issues to resolution
• Plan and complete system upgrades as required
• Identify opportunities for improvements to current technologies
• Investigate ways to automate manual tasks
• Help to develop the technical skills of other team members
• Document the configuration of current infrastructure services and create SOPs.
• Project work relating to digital transformation and cloud/data centre migrations
• In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• A 3rd Level Qualification
• Minimum of 8 years’ System Administrator experience working within a medium/large scale organisation
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior System Administrator role, as part of an IT Operations/Infrastructure team
• Substantial technical troubleshooting and problem-solving background
• Proven experience of managing large Windows domain-based environments, and utilising all of the available domain-management tools to control the user and computer estate
• Clearly demonstrated knowledge and experience of managing Windows Server operating systems, Virtualisation technology and SAN solutions
• Strong PowerShell scripting experience
• Solid understanding of Networking, Firewall and Cloud technologies
• Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Relevant technical certifications preferable, e.g. Microsoft, VMware etc.
As a senior IT systems administrator, troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues will form a key part of the role, and as such it is vital that the candidate has a broad knowledge of infrastructure, network, security, cloud (Azure) and DR technologies
Please call Patrick Docherty at Enterprise People for more information.
Not an exact match for this role….
We are IT Recruitment Specialists with a number of live Contract and Permanent vacancies available. Please call Patrick Docherty at Enterprise People to discuss all suitable roles available.
Please call us on +353 (0) 1 628 7800 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss these and other vacancies in more detail.